3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2017 3:25 PM by David Matula

printing out the system options

Jim Weatherly

I want to print out all of the system options to help create a drawings standards document and just as insurance.

I know that the copy settings wizard is supposed to save everything but I have had trouble with the file locations specifically.

For now, I am stuck taking screen shots of each menu, this works but presents problems with the file locations. I have to save them separately.

Any ideas?

Is this an enhancement request?

• Re: printing out the system options
          Deepak Gupta

Jim Weatherly wrote:

For now, I am stuck taking screen shots of each menu, this works but presents problems with the file locations. I have to save them separately.

If you have SW2017 and above then click on edit all and it would show each path in a pop up window.

The pop up window can be expanded if needed.

Further you can also lock (2017 and up) or auto sync (2018 and up) system settings.

Jim Weatherly

That helps a lot but I still need to take a screen shot to capture the list. It is not a fully functional excell file.

But thank you.

David Matula

Jim,

There are a few file locations that should be set locally.  The back up and recover locations are only ones that come to mind.  The copy settings wizard has come along way from back in the day  Now you can pick and choose what you really want to copy and share.  I would have up to 26 keyboard short cuts set, and all the file locations set for my computer and to copy that over to others back in the day was a headache at least cause others did not want to use keyboard shortcuts the way that I did.

A few computers to manually set up is not bad, but when you have 6 to 46 it gets to be something else.  Thanks for the reminder to backup my settings....added some more settings since SLUGME.