5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 10:05 AM by Peter Kennedy

Show weld annotation in different view?

Luis Felix

Is there a way where we can show the weld annotation on the picture, in the right view instead of the left view? Because is much easy to read the drawing if i can see the annotation in the other view. Since we cannot see the connection between both parts in the weld annotation. This Weld Annotation come from the assembly Weld Bead, because when i have a big assembly in the future i want to make the weld bead on the assembly and then export to the drawing

soldadura annotation.png

• Re: Show weld annotation in different view?
          Peter Kennedy

Try grabbing the arrow head and moving to the other drawing veiw in the location you would like it.

Luis Felix

That is impossible. I forgot to mention that i want to make the weld symbol on the assembley(weld bead) and then import to the drawing

Peter Kennedy

You're correct that doesn't work, I did however do up a quick test and I was able to ctrl+x and ctrl+v to move the symbol to another view. Also when I went to the annotation tab > Model Items and selected weld symbol the symbol showed in all drawing views.

Tyler Nichol

I am also trying to figure out how to move weld symbols to different drawings views. Weld symbols are placed in the part model and imported into the drawing. Doing a Model Items import of weld symbols only adds them to one of my drawing views, I've tried playing around with settings to get them to import into all views but so far no dice. I can do a cut-paste into different drawing views, but then I lose the link to the part model weld symbol (i.e. if I change the weld symbol in the part model, the change is not reflected on the drawing) which is kind of a problem.

Any thoughts on how to move weld symbols to different views while keep the link to the part model annotation intact? Or thoughts on how I can import my weld symbols into all drawing views so I can hide/delete them from views where I don't want them to appear (less ideal but acceptable)?