AnsweredAssumed Answered

Features defined in the context of another assembly

Question asked by Tyler D. on Nov 23, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 by Stuart Ponder

Hi,

I'm getting the "This part has features defined in the context of another assembly <old version.sldasm>..."

I've done some searching on the forum and see that checking tools> options> system options> external references> allow multiple contexts will solve this but it is usually accompanied with a cautionary warning to only do that if you know what you're doing.  I have no shame in admitting I have no idea what that is doing and so am wary of checking it.

My scenario is I have an electronics enclosure; outline of PCB came from offset of enclosure; mated PCB to enclosure; mated connectors to PCB; then using connectors and Intersection Curve to place the cutouts through the enclosure for the connectors.

I will not be going back to "old version.sldasm" so am fine to break the association with the old assembly, but would like them to be associated with the new assembly.  I can edit the new enclosure, and the error only pops up once I click the connector when trying Intersection Curve.  So are the links I'm looking to break on the connector?  The old enclosure?  Or the new enclosure?

Thanks,

Outcomes