AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mate Controller - Redefine Mates List

Question asked by John Wayman on Nov 21, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 by John Wayman

I just built an assembly and created a Mate Controller, added a load of positions and ran the animation - all well and good, but the animation demonstrated that there was a clash between two of the components. Even better, that is at least part of why I wanted to use the Mate Controller.

When I went into the assembly, RMB, Replace Component, and put the revised component in position, the Mate Controller icon went yellow, as expected. However, when I clicked Edit Feature on the Mate Controller, I was told that 2 of my mates, ones on different components, not the component I replaced) were now invalid and the one in the replaced component was now missing.

Try as I might, I can't find a way to replace the invalid or missing mates without deleting all the mates and clicking the 'Collect all Supported Mates' icon again. When I do so, all the positions I had defined in my Mate Controller disappear.

How can I either 1. Save my Mate Controller Positions and apply them to a new Mate Controller,

or,

2. Add Mates into an existing Mate Controller to replace the failed ones, without losing the positions already in the Mate Controller?

Capture.JPG

SW2016, SP5

I hope I'm missing a trick, here. I don't want to have to start again every time I change anything in my assembly.

John

Outcomes