AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to "ignore" components in cable reports?

Question asked by John Janiczek on Nov 20, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2018 by Marc Wilson

Hi All,

I am using solidworks electrical for Aerospace harnessing. What I am trying to do is to create a specific report that I will use with an automated cable tester, such as a Cirris cable tester. For this application, I need a report which has columns for: [origin mark, destination mark]. Easy enough, right?

The problem is that I only want the origin and destination for connectors. My harnesses also have splices in between the connectors which I want to ignore. I have an example below for a simple 9 pin DSUB harness, with a wire splice (SP1) that connects J2:9 to P1:9 and P1:8.

Here is how my report turns out:

What I would like to do is to have a report which "ignores" the SP1 and just shows [From J2:9, To (0) P1:9, To (1) P1:8] OR [From J2:9, To (0) P1:9 ; From J2:9, To (0) P1:8]

If possible, I would like the solution to be "configurable" such that in one report that I give to assemblers I include the splices and in the other report that I give to the cable testers I ignore the splice. I have done some research looking for this solution but haven't seen any other questions quite like this, although it seems like it would be a useful feature for harness designers using cable testers. I'm hoping some more experienced SWE users might already have the solution, or might be creative enough to help me find a solution.

Thank you for your time!

John

Outcomes