My abstract for a Model Based Definition has been accept for SWW18. As I have done the last 2 years, I am reaching out to those interested in the subject for input. This years presentation won't really involve the use of the MBD addin, but is more of an information/discussion session.
Points I am considering are:
- History of MBD or what drove us to this point
- Why would it be used
- Type of parts
- Low or high volume parts?
- Simple or complicated?
- What can it be used for? Some say just CNC machining
- Will drawings be disappearing? Or is this all hype?
- Where in the product life can it be utilized?
- Issues on the shop floor... are drawings the only answer here?
- What about my suppliers?
- I use drawings to check with... how do I check if I don't have them? Or if they have limited dimensions?
Please help me by giving me the topics you most want to learn about. Even if you want be attending SWW18 in LA your question will be useful to others. Also in the past the presentations have been recorded for replay.
Thank you for your input and I look forward to presenting at SWW2018.