6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 8:20 AM by Jim Wilkinson

Missing tool in menu

Maha Nadarasa

Save Bodies tool is missing in my SWX. How to get it back?

1.png

• Re: Missing tool in menu
          Newell Voss

honestly I have never seen that option under the save dialogue as you show in the image. maybe it is from an older version or only applies in the context of multibody parts. I just use the shortcut ALT+B or it can be found under Insert>Features.

Jim Wilkinson

Maha Nadarasa wrote:

Save Bodies tool is missing in my SWX. How to get it back?

1.png

Hi Maha,

In one image, you are showing the save flyout toolbar and in the other you are showing the result of Command Search...they are two different interfaces. Save Bodies is not in the save flyout.

Again, help is your friend. A simple search for Save Bodies and either of the first two help topics gives you the information you need:

http://help.solidworks.com/SearchEx.aspx?query=save%20bodies&version=2018&lang=english&prod=SolidWorks

I would suggest looking at the help before posting to the forum.

Thanks,

Jim

Maha Nadarasa

Many times you have suggested me to look at help file. Help File is a little help for me. If you are looking for a specific matter in Help File, it will bombard you with many relevant matters. It is good for people those who already have a good command in subject but just want to polish up the matters.   

If I have a problem first I do prefer YouTube search because it is an audiovisual aid. I do extensive search in YouTube. And videos are very specific to subject matter. If I can’t find anything I go for forum search that is also specific.

In fact I learned many things from YouTube and forum. Help file is useless for me at the moment. In the future it may be useful who knows. 

Dave Bear

Also don't forget that you can search for previous posts that may already have the answer by using the search option, magnifying glass in the top right-hand corner of forum home page.

Dave.

Jim Wilkinson

Maha Nadarasa wrote:

Many times you have suggested me to look at help file. Help File is a little help for me. If you are looking for a specific matter in Help File, it will bombard you with many relevant matters. It is good for people those who already have a good command in subject but just want to polish up the matters.

If I have a problem first I do prefer YouTube search because it is an audiovisual aid. I do extensive search in YouTube. And videos are very specific to subject matter. If I can’t find anything I go for forum search that is also specific.

In fact I learned many things from YouTube and forum. Help file is useless for me at the moment. In the future it may be useful who knows.

I guess I don't understand your statement that the help file is useless. In two of the cases, I suggested that you search for the exact term that you are asking forum users to "3D ContentCentral" and "Save Bodies". In each of these cases, the very first hit in the search results gives you information about how to access the commands which is what you were asking about.  How is this useless?

Forum users get frustrated if you put the burden on them to answer simple questions that you can answer yourself. Eventually, their good will to help will run out. So, I'm trying to teach you how to fish instead of giving you the fish so other forum users will not get frustrated.

Thanks,

Jim