7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 3:45 PM by Victor Fagerlund

Editable Title Block Fields

Victor Fagerlund

Hi,

I want to make some of the fields in my title block editable, but I'm having trouble with one of the fields. I get the following message when I try to select it:

"This note cannot be included because it is linked to a parameter which is not editable"

This is how my title block looks like:

Title Block 1.jpg

And these are the fields I would like to make editable:

Title Blocks 2.jpg

The one field I can't select is the Client field, which I can't see why I shouldn't be able to select ?

• Re: Editable Title Block Fields
          Dan Pihlaja

Are you using the Custom Property Tab Builder to create the properties you want to link to at the part level?

If so, can you show us the CPTB screen shot?

Also, can you share a screen shot of the Custom Properties area of your part that is linked to this drawing?

David Matula

If the property tab builder is not working for you then go about it the old fashioned way. 

add the properties you want to be able to control in the title block to the custom properties of the part and save a new part template.

Seems like this program is getting more and more like rocket science...almost need a tblk degree to get stuff to link up right anymore.

Glenn Schroeder

David Matula wrote:

If the property tab builder is not working for you then go about it the old fashioned way.

add the properties you want to be able to control in the title block to the custom properties of the part and save a new part template.

Seems like this program is getting more and more like rocket science...almost need a tblk degree to get stuff to link up right anymore.

...or, depending on your needs, you can do what I've done.  None of my title block information is linked to model properties, but I've saved Drawing custom properties in the drawing templates, and Notes in the sheet formats are linked to those properties.

David Matula

That does work also.  but there are times I like the part to drive the title block since I would also use that info in the bom for the assemblies.  Different strokes for different ways of doing things as long as the end result is getting your information to the builders of the products and you get stuff that works out this game is awesome way to build a country.

Glenn Schroeder

David Matula wrote:

That does work also. but there are times I like the part to drive the title block since I would also use that info in the bom for the assemblies. Different strokes for different ways of doing things as long as the end result is getting your information to the builders of the products and you get stuff that works out this game is awesome way to build a country.

My situation isn't typical.  My drawings are almost always multiple sheets, with the main Assembly on the first sheet (or 2), followed by sheets with drawing views of Parts, and sometimes sub-assemblies.  I do have a number of Notes Styles saved that are linked to Part Properties.