5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 9:36 AM by Szymon Nowakowski

sheetformats

Szymon Nowakowski

hi, I can't choose sheet format when i want to open a new drawing. I work on SolidWorks 2016 now, in older version when i wanted to open new drawing there was a chart with standard sheet formats, now I can't choose it. Any ideas how can i fix it?

• Re: sheetformats
          Newell Voss

check your settings for where your sheets are located and ensure they are pointing to the right location. you can also use the RMB to select properties on the sheet and then manually change the format from there. My guess is this was changed when you updated:

2017-11-13_7-23-27.jpg

Glenn Schroeder

Selecting the setting shown below will require the user to choose a sheet format when adding additional sheets to an existing drawing, but I'm not aware of one that makes you choose a sheet format when starting a new document.

You mentioned a chart.  Do you mean the list of sheet formats in sheet properties?

Szymon Nowakowski

yes, i mean list of sheet formats
                sheet.png

Glenn Schroeder

Szymon Nowakowski wrote:

yes, i mean list of sheet formats
                    sheet.png

I'm still not clear on the problem.  Have you lost custom sheet formats?  If yes, then I suspect you had them saved in your SW installation folder, and they might have gotten wiped out when you updated.  If that's the case, I'd suggest opening an existing drawing, go to File > Save sheet format, and save your sheet format to a different location, either on your hard drive, or on a network if you're in a multi-user environment.  Repeat as needed if you have multiple sheet formats.

Next, point to the location you saved the formats at Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations > Sheet formats.

Please let me know if this helps.

Szymon Nowakowski

I couldnt choose standard sheet format, I mean after selecting new drawing there was not window with standard sheet formats (this window i pasted one post before), just random sheet. I changed file location for sheet formats and it works. Thanks for your reply.