2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 12:07 PM by John Stoltzfus

2018 Drawing Settings

Patrick O'Neill

I recently updated my SolidWorks from 2017 to 2018.  However, when making drawings, the default settings are not what I want.  I have figured out how to change them, but keep needing to do this for every drawing I make.  I was very happy with the settings in 2017 and never had to change them, with the exception of units.  Is there a way to change these settings back to what I want in a way that I will not need to do so for every separate drawing?

• Re: 2018 Drawing Settings
          Jeff Holliday

It sounds like your drawing template setting locations are no longer pointing to the previous templates. Check this by going to Tools/options/system options/file locations and templates.

• Re: 2018 Drawing Settings
            John Stoltzfus

What you need to do prior to upgrading is to use the Copy Wizard to save all your settings, however some people don't recommend to use it from one version to the other, but I never had any issues that I'm aware of.  Another thing that I do is to go through the every option in the Tools/Option dialog box and take a snap shot of every possibile option including color and line fonts etc... and paste them in a Microsoft Publisher file, page by page, now I have a manual stop check.  The other thing I would recommend is to save your Drafting Standards as well..