AnsweredAssumed Answered

To Many Memory Issues! Want to update OS to 64 Bit

Question asked by Carmelo Treviso on Jan 23, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 by Carmelo Treviso
Hi Guys, First I'd like to thank you for spending some time reading my post. Here is the basics of my issue. After reading numerous post here, I've determined that upgrading my OS would be the next logical step in progressing to being productive again.

I'm a bit dissappointed that SW09 does not work as well as SW08. I am running XP 32-bit right now but have run into numerous crashed due to out of memory statements from SW09. I've instituted the 3GB switch with no luck as well as maximizing my RAM to 4GB. Still my crashed continued. (Maybe SW should require all to run 64-bit OS's or solve all these out of memory issues by customers using 32-bit platforms?)

Well I suggested to my employer that I would possibly like to install a 64-bit OS that may help me with these issues, but because I also use many business related software on the same PC, it would be hard to have a dedicated PC with 64-bit only.

What I would like to do is purchase a new harddrive and install the OS on that as well as SW09 64-bit.

I'm looking for any suggestions or opinions from those that do this or have done this in helping me decide what to do. Should I stick to one drive or two? I don't want to mess with the other software installed. How does the install go? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes