AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hole Table text suggestions

Question asked by Robert Pliskat on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 by Robert Pliskat

I'm not familiar with the advanced hole tool but I was curious if their is a way in any version, older or upcoming that allows you to attached predefined text call outs to a hole? I.E. favorite holes with hole call outs attached from a pre-defined list / database. I've been having to edit the hole tables extensively for years to make them more toolmaker "friendly" and it takes a lot of time to do this. Before SW, I was using Acad with an 3rd party program called Diemaker. There was a way to pre-write the text for all of your holes in an excel sheet and you could quickly attach them when inserting the holes. When you extracted into a hole table, it used the pre written text. In 2001 I provided SW with a set of my tool drawings as an example of this. It went from the VAR to North American corporate. Didn't hear anything for months. When I questioned how it was going, SW's reply was that it was sent to the main corp in France. A year later they replied that it could not be done. I stopped using SW and stuck with Acad & diemaker till 2007 for that reason alone. I obviously have returned but here we are 17 yrs later and still have the same issue. Is there anything that can be done to help with this issue? The hole tables are a real PIA for my line of work.

An example would be a lifter hole in a tool:

SW

.3752 dia thru

My version

.375 SF thru-lifter

This type of modification is needed for the guys in the shops. It helps them to determine the best process to make the part in an economical and timely fashion. It also helps with the jr toolmakers or apprentices as well. Of course this is just a basic example but it certainly can get to be a major issue when you have 100-200 details on 10-12 sheets.

Outcomes