AnsweredAssumed Answered

Macro: Autosort BOM

Question asked by Kyle Ferris on Nov 3, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by Kyle Ferris

Hello all, I'm looking for a bit of advice and potentially a macro if possible.

After selecting a drawing view of an assembly, I am looking to insert a BOM with specific settings. I've been trying, but cant get my head around macros. I have found a few that do insert a BOM but I can't get them to work. For instance, the attached macro 'Insert BOM' has these sections.

Configuration = ""

TableTemplate = "H:\solidworks\Templates\BOM templates\Vertaling BOM Ass\Ned Ass temp.sldbomtbt"

In the attached 'Insert BOM - My attempt' I have replaced TableTemplate with the location of the table I want to insert, but I'm not sure if anything needs to go after configuration. 

Can anyone help? As I said I don't have the first clue with macros so I'm probably missing something very basic.

If I can figure out how to insert BOM's, ideally what I would like to be able to do is select a drawing view and run a macro that:

- Inserts a BOM in the top right corner (Indented, flat numbering, detailed cut list)

- Within the BOM, dissolves all assemblies and weldments

- Applies saved sort to the BOM

Any help would be much appreciated, as well as suggestions on how to learn more about macros other than the tutorials. Many thanks.

Outcomes