1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 4:31 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Link 1 BOM to Multiple Parts

Jordan Rozendal

Hi Everyone

I'm looking to create 1 BOM from multiple parts in 1 drawing. Due to various reasons, I am unable to insert both parts into one assembly so is this possible at all? My work around was going to be to actually create two separate BOMs and just stack them on top of each other but I am unable to remove the "header" row on the BOM, as shown in the attached image (yes, i tried to right click on the row and select "Delete" but it only give me the option to delete the whole table). So if anyone knows a work around for either it would be greatly appreciated

• Re: Link 1 BOM to Multiple Parts
          Glenn Schroeder

Jordan Rozendal wrote:

Hi Everyone

I'm looking to create 1 BOM from multiple parts in 1 drawing. Due to various reasons, I am unable to insert both parts into one assembly so is this possible at all? My work around was going to be to actually create two separate BOMs and just stack them on top of each other but I am unable to remove the "header" row on the BOM, as shown in the attached image (yes, i tried to right click on the row and select "Delete" but it only give me the option to delete the whole table). So if anyone knows a work around for either it would be greatly appreciated

Placing all components you want in the BOM into an Assembly and saving it is the only way I know of.  After inserting the BOM you can delete the drawing view of the Assembly in the Drawing and the BOM will still be good.