Please watch this video, for a complete explanation of what is expected in this challenge:
Hello SOLIDWORKS Power-Users and welcome to the 12th WPUC!
Other than having fun solving riddles, the goal of this week's WPUC is the same as always: facilitate through brainstorming the finding of new techniques and methods, for the benefit of the SOLIDWORKS Community.
Hopefully we will:
- Identify areas where SOLIDWORKS' functionality needs enhancements
- Design workarounds to overcome the current lack of functionality
- Submit new ERs or promote existing ERs that are relevant to this WPUC topic.
This week the topic is editing imported geometry. You can use any techniques you want, using surfacing or solid tools.
The Challenge Process and Rules:
1. Download the attached Parasolid file
2. Open it in SOLIDWORKS
3. Heal any topological errors using Import Diagnostics.
4. Move the yellow face 1 mm in a direction normal to the flats of the cut-out.
5. Preserve any existing draft angles. Some faces could be translated and others stretched along their natural untrimmed fabric.
6. Try to preserve the current topology
7. It is not mandatory, but do your best to preserve the face IDs in this process.
8. If you need to delete faces (e.g. rounds) in order to move other faces, you need to re-create them with the same geometry (e.g. same radius).
9. Upload the finished part to this thread. All features have to accessible in the feature tree.
10. You are allowed to use 3DExperience products, as long as the 3DExperience features are part of the SOLIDWORKS feature tree, and could be launched for editing from inside SOLIDWORKS Desktop product.
- Be the first to submit a valid solution and you will win 10,000 points.
- If you are the winner of the 10,000 points prize, add comments in the FeatureManager tree to all features used, and you will be awarded an extra 5,000 pointsprize. The comments have to be meaningful and helpful for the reviewer to understand your process.
- If you are not the first to provide a valid solution, you could still win points. If your solution is valid and significantly different you will win 1,000 points. Just upload your file to this thread.
- If you are a winner of a 1,000 points award, you can double it by adding comments in the FeatureManager tree to all features used. The comments have to be meaningful and helpful for the reviewer to understand your process.
- The first valid solution with the smallest number of features, wins 5,000 points.
- If you are a winner of a 5,000 points award, you can double it by adding comments in the FeatureManager tree to all features used. The comments have to be meaningful and helpful for the reviewer to understand your process.
- All winners will receive at the end of the year the SOLIDWORKS Power-User Diploma.
Deadline: Friday, November 3rd 2017, 5pm ET