Hi Visualize Community,
SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2018 SP0 is available now! LOADS of new features, improvements and of course pesky bugs squashed! You can't hear me, but I'm clapping right now for the Visualize R&D and QA teams for building the best Visualize yet.
Log into your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal or use the SW Installation manager to download/install Visualize 2018.
Thank you everyone for the loads of feedback we received during the Beta period. Please continue to voice your questions, issues, bugs and feature requests in the Visualize forum, and most importantly, with your Reseller.
Below is a short list of the top new features in Visualize 2018:
- Refreshed user interface
- Converted hundreds of your favorite SW Appearances to Visualize Appearances (full folder on Cloud Library - "SOLIDWORKS Appearances")
- Import Cameras, Lights and Saved Views from your SW CAD file (Lights in Visualize Pro only)
- New 360 degree cameras to create immersive Virtual Reality content (Pro only)
- New Area Lights and easier ways to place them in your scene (Pro only)
- Improvements to the Decal system (planned for SP1 available to download in early December)
Also new in Visualize 2018 is an opportunity to take a survey and give your feedback via a survey pop-up directly within the Visualize interface. I encourage you to take this survey so your voice can be heard. This is your chance to directly affect our roadmap and future releases of Visualize!
Click the link below to read all about the top new features in Visualize 2018. The Visualize section is at the very end - use the bookmark icon on the upper right to navigate there faster: What's New SOLIDWORKS 2018
Check out this SW Blog post describing the new features and many added benefits of Visualize 2018.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@bhillner) for product news and updates!
Thanks as always for your support!
Product Manager | SOLIDWORKS Visualize