2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 2:04 PM by Shane Sparks

Applying Custom Materials to Bodies

Shane Sparks

Is there a trick to applying custom properties to bodies properly.  I created a screen material for density purposes.  I thought it was applied, but it actually wasn't until I went in again and hit the density, then the apply button again.  I guess it would be nice to know when looking at the tree for each part that they are correct.

SW2017

Shane Sparks

• Re: Applying Custom Materials to Bodies
          Glenn Schroeder

You can apply different Materials to separate bodies in a multi-body Part by expanding the cut list folder to the desired body and right-clicking as shown below.

However, I'm not sure that answers your question.  If you're trying to apply a custom property to a body you can do that in the cut list properties.  Does this help?

• Re: Applying Custom Materials to Bodies
              Shane Sparks

This helps on a separate issue Glenn, thx.  I think I just ran into a glitch in that I had to

re-click on the density in a custom material, then hit apply.  The weights changed to correct values

once I hit apply again.  Maybe the first time around I did not have the new density value applied correctly.

You helped me in that I have parts that have different extrusions, so different materials are needed.

Shane