6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 9:37 AM by Maha Nadarasa

"None" option in the Boundary Surface

Maha Nadarasa

What direction will NONE take?

I assumed that it will take shorted possible distance between profiles.  

1.png

• Re: None
          J. Mather

Attach your *.sldprt file here and end all doubt.

I recommend spending a bit more time in formulating thread title as well.

A good title helps in future searches by beginners researching existing information.

I would expect to see the term "Boundary Surface" in the thread title.

• Re: None
            Todd Blacksher
            Tangent Type Select one of the following:

(Available when you have a minimum of three curves in the direction.) Approximates a parabola scribed between the first and last profiles. See Start/End Constraints in the Loft PropertyManager. The tangency from this parabola drives the lofted surface, which results in a more predictable and natural lofted surface when matching conditions are not specified.

None

No tangency constraint (zero curvature) is applied.

Normal to Profile

(Available when the curves are not attaching a boundary feature to existing geometry.) Applies a tangency constraint normal to the curve. Set the Draft angle and Tangent influence (%).

Direction Vector

Applies a tangency constraint based on a selected entity used as a direction vector. Select a Direction Vector PM_direction_vector.gif, then set the Draft angle and Tangent influence (%).

Tangency to Face

(Available when attaching a boundary feature to existing geometry.) Makes the adjacent faces tangent at the selected curve. Set the Tangent influence (%).

Curvature to Face

(Available when attaching a boundary feature to existing geometry.) Applies a smooth, visually appealing curvature continuous surface at the selected curve. Set the Tangent influence (%).