AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 Creators Update - Issues?

Question asked by Todd Blacksher on Oct 16, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 by Jeff Value

Has anyone else run Windows Update for Windows 10 recently, and then started seeing issues running SOLIDWORKS?

I was not having any issues with my old laptop (Dell Precision M4500), but I am seeing issues with my new laptop (Dell Precision 5510) that I just received.

This is very apples to oranges, I only mentioned the old laptop because I had never seen the issue with it. (Also Win10, up to date with Windows Update)

New laptop procedure - Open box, run through setup, allow some updates to run during setup, Install SOLIDWORKS, Install Microsoft Office 2013, Install Dropbox.

(That is all you need . . . right?)

Going through some really SIMPLE parts/sketches, and I get the "new & improved" Blue screen of death (BSOD) -

Win10CreatorsError.JPG

I have since updated the graphics driver (SOLIDWORKS approved) and run the Windows Update again.

I'll be doing some more testing this week, I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this yet.

This is a Windows issue, NOT SOLIDWORKS, but it sounds as though it effects graphically intensive programs.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-creators-update-user-experience-complaints

Thanks in advance,

todd

Outcomes