8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2017 1:55 PM by Dan Pihlaja

Feature Tree Order

Anton Ivanov

Hi,

there is something with the feature tree order of features that I don't understand.

I am trying to reuse a surface and it's sketch. I deleted the relations that the sketch had and dragged them both to the bottom. When I tried to edit the sketch and give it some relations everything above it, up until its original location, got greyed out - not making it impossible to reuse.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thank you

• Re: Feature Tree Order
          Tony Tieuli

Anton Ivanov wrote:

Hi,

there is something with the feature tree order of features that I don't understand.

I am trying to reuse a surface and it's sketch. I deleted the relations that the sketch had and dragged them both to the bottom. When I tried to edit the sketch and give it some relations everything above it, up until its original location, got greyed out - not making it impossible to reuse.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thank you

Hi Anton,

It seems to me that even though you deleted the sketch relations, all the surfaces that are greyed out are children of the surface and sketch you moved. Once you moved them the features that are children are suppressed.

Depending on which version of the software you're using if you hover over a feature it will show you that features parents and children.

You could leave the surface and sketch where they were and still reuse them.

Hope this helps.

• Re: Feature Tree Order
            Dan Pihlaja

Anton Ivanov , you can move features and it will look like the sketch goes with it, however, the sketch never actually moved.

You will see this if you switch to Flat Tree View:

Then you can move the sketch where you want it and then turn off flat tree view.