AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to reduce gap between ordinate dimension leader line and fillet center mark?

Question asked by William Bibaeff on Oct 11, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2017 by William Bibaeff

I am using SolidWorks 2016 and have this issue:   When using ordinate dimensioning to locate the centers of several tangent fillets, it produces large gaps between the center marks, which I place on the drawing view first, and the ordinate dimension lines.  (see image 1).   I believe this gap is where the extended lines of the center marks would be if the option to turn them on were selected.

image 1.JPG

If I dimension the fillet centers first and then add the center marks, the leader lines and center marks will have no gaps at all (see image 2) image 2.JPG

unless I manually tug each leader line away from the center mark, which doesn't strike me as particularly efficient.   I tried reducing the extension lines gap setting which produced only a tiny improvement.  I went to Options>Dimensions>Centerlines/Center Marks, selected Extended lines and reduced the gap there which had no impact at all.  I did a Ctrl + Q  Forced (Total) rebuild which also had no impact.

Is there a way to reduce the leader line to center mark gap in an efficient manner to get a normal appearance similar to the 4.80 and 7.50 dimensions in image 2 which I manually adjusted?  Thank you.

Outcomes