Zodiac is a leading global manufacturer of pool and spa products. Applying our rich heritage of innovation excellence to product engineering, we develop some of the world's leading solutions for the most technologically-advanced, energy-efficient, and clean swimming pools and spas. Through our best-in-class products, Zodiac is the provider of choice for millions of people worldwide and is an industry leader in pool automation and web-enabling our pool products.
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business’s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah (Cover-Pools®), Orlando, Florida and Ontario, Canada.
Be part of the team that’s vision is to exist to create the perfect pool experience by designing innovative solutions that increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter III in our Vista, California headquarters.
Mechanical Designer/Drafter with strong drafting skills utilizing SolidWorks. This position will work within the Engineering Department to create and modify drawings and is primarily responsible for the mechanical design of products within the Product Development team. Most of the project work will be on new products with a smaller amount focused on updating and modifying existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of 2D drawings from 3D models or parts in SolidWorks using common drafting standards.
- Update and modify 2D drawings based on changes required by engineering team.
- Properly maintain drawing system integrity in product data management system.
- Work well independently to complete groups of drawing projects with good documentation and organization.
- Coordinate/collaborate with engineers to create new and/or modify existing technical drawings that communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information in support of engineering functions.
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment with moderate to complexity projects.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must be able to generate complex surfaces, detail and assembly drawings in Solidworks.
- Verify information provided is accurately represented and all industry standard drafting standards are met.
- Candidate may have to supervise other drafters and engineers on large drawing projects to ensure consistency and cohesiveness throughout all engineering packages.
- Must be a creative problem solver able to demonstrate a history of personal initiative, and have the ability to work in early stage cross-functional teams.
- The successful candidate for this position must have a high degree of personal motivation, initiative, intellectual curiosity, and solid communication skills.
- Should be detail oriented and well organized. Must be comfortable working in a fast growth environment.
- Capable of making and checking detail and layout drawings.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma + Vocational Training in CAD.
- 6+ years of mechanical design and drafting experience with SolidWorks.
- 6+ years working design / drafting experience with consumer based products, with respect to injection molded components, sheet metal design
- 6+ years experience with drafting standards including ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pool Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Zodiac Pool Systems does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.