Zodiac is a leading global manufacturer of pool and spa products. Applying our rich heritage of innovation excellence to product engineering, we develop some of the world's leading solutions for the most technologically-advanced, energy-efficient, and clean swimming pools and spas. Through our best-in-class products, Zodiac is the provider of choice for millions of people worldwide and is an industry leader in pool automation and web-enabling our pool products.
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business’s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah (Cover-Pools®), Orlando, Florida and Ontario, Canada.
Be part of the team that’s vision is to exist to create the perfect pool experience by designing innovative solutions that increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind.
We currently have a full time opening for a talented Mechanical Engineer III – Hydraulics/Pumps in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer with experience designing and testing consumer products from concept through production. Will work as a key member within an engineering team to develop and improve global consumer products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be a key member in the development of new technologies and products.
- Responsible for designing new products, parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Analyze part designs using sound engineering principles, FEA software, and prototypes.
- Work with suppliers to ensure project goals are met and to resolve engineering issues that arise.
- Develop and document test plans and engineering changes.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience focusing on new product development of consumer products or equipment.
- Highly proficient mechanical design skills using SolidWorks CAD software is a plus.
- Knowledge of various types of plastics and their use in product designs is a plus.
- Experience in design of hydraulics & pumps a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and as a team leader.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pool Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Zodiac Pool Systems does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.