8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 10:48 AM by Jason Koonce

License order not working

Axel Friberg

Hello,

My company has several different kind of licenses. I am supposed to use Professional, but even though I have configured so that Professional is at the top of the license order list, I still start with Premium. Is there any way to fix this?

I cannot access our PDM if I don't use the Professional license. Since this is the case, if there is no solution to this problem, is it possible to switch licenses inside Solidworks instead?

• Re: License order not working
          Stephen Lapic

I don't know anything about this since we have never had this problem, but have you contacted your VAR about this?  They should be able to help you.

Jason Koonce

I think it would be a matter of the PDM license not the solidworks license.  Are you sure you are in the group for PDM?

Matt Peneguy

First, it goes Standard-Professional-Premium.  Premium is higher than Professional, not the other way around.

If you launch SWX and see "Premium" in the splash screen and think that you are using Premium, that assumption may not be correct.  This is what I see when I launch SWX:

That doesn't mean that I'm actually using "Premium".  It just means that if I activate an add-in that is available in Premium,  I will consume a Premium license for the duration of the use of that add-in.

PDM comes with Professional (and because Premium is above Pro, it also is available if you have Premium only).  I suspect as someone else posted, you have a problem with PDM, or you don't have the PDM Add-in active Tools>Add-Ins:

Axel Friberg

Hello,

My PDM is active on start up.

The problem is that I am not supposed to use the Premium license, but the Professional license. Since the Premium license is always occupied by the people who are supposed to have it, the PDM shuts down without any possibility for me to switch to the Professional license. Hence why I'm asking if there's a possibility to switch to the Professional license once the actual Solidworks program is open.

If the Premium license is not occupied for whatever reason, I have no problems logging onto the PDM server.