I am looking for best practices and tips regarding welding structural members.
1) What is the real difference between applying fillet beads vs weld beads?
2) What are the pros/cons of each?
3) How do I apply actual material properties to the weld bead or fillet? (Weld Bead Properties>Weld Material - then one can type anything in this box instead of selecting a material with properties associated)
4) Is it best to apply welding in the part file of each piece or once several parts are in an assembly?
5) How do I apply actual weld processes (Same as above question) (Weld Bead Properties>Weld Process)
6) Should I even be spending time on welding in general if I do not need to stress test my product?
General tips and best practices welcome!