2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 5:46 PM by Neil Marten

Base Configuration & Output All Configurations

Neil Marten

Since I like to use configurations, I was excited to stumble upon the Output Mode: All Configurations. This would allow me to render all my configurations without starting or sending each to the queue one by one. The issue with this is the Base Configuration. The Base Configuration doesn't show in the list and cannot be renamed. Based on these two things, I typically use it as a working config with an unlocked camera to zoom in and adjust textures and such. Many times I will forget its even there until I go to render ALL CONFIGURATIONS. When I do that, then its starts rendering the Base Config first and wastes a ton of time, on what is essentially a throw away image. This basically makes the Render All a waste of time.

I think the rendering of the Base Config is fine but it needs to show in the list with the other configs. I am sure there is a good reason for it to have its own button and not show in the list, but I can't think of one. Pulling the Base Config into the list and removing "Show Base Config" button would make this so much more simple and intuitive as well as making the Render All output useful, which it isn't right now.