6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 8:07 PM by Austin Doughty

Perspective view?

Austin Doughty
      Hello all, first post here.

I am working with the drawing of a part I have. I see all the views, right, front, isometric etc. But where is perspective view?

I need perspective view: eye point distance=3, view diameter=8...where can i adjust these settings?

thanks
        • Perspective view?
          Charles Culp
          I'm not sure what eye point distance and view diameter are... but the easiest way to control perspective is by adding a camera. Right click on the "Lights, Cameras and Scene" folder in the feature manager tree, and select "Add Camera". Then you can control the perspective by changing the view angle. They even have "regular camera equivalents", in case you are familiar with those. Humans see the equivalent of ~50mm.

This is also a great way to control the angle (iso, etc), as it gives you more control for viewing the model (as opposed to views which are good for engineering drawings).
          • Perspective view?
            Austin Doughty
            Hey where can I find the feature manager tree? I'm trying to located lights, cameras, and scene.
            • Perspective view?
              Charles Culp
              Austin,

As Deepak mentioned, there is another way to turn on perspective, and that is with View>Modify>Perspective. This will allow you to have perspective in the regular model view, but it does not give you all the control it sounds like you are looking for. It is definitely the quickest way to get perspective in your model. The feature manager tree is the big list of features on the left of your screen. If the folder for lights and cameras isn't visible, that just means that it is hidden (because these features aren't typically used all the time). Just go to Tools>Options>System Options>FeatureManager>Hide/show tree items and make sure it is set to "show".
              • Perspective view?
                Kevin Quigley
                Don't forget if you want to get a perspective view in a drawing sheet you need to save the view in modelling first while it is displaying in p[erspective mode. So, switch to perspective (as above), rotate the view as desired, save view, name it. Go to drawing sheet and pick that view.
                • Perspective view?
                  Austin Doughty
                  Thanks for the help guys, I'm making progress now anyway. I've got the part on my drawing sheet how I want, but I can't figure out this darn "eye point distance" and "view diameter". Searching around for that now.