10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 8:58 AM by Iain McEwen

fast zooms

Andrew McIntyre

Hi All.

Anyone know where to set global viewres instead of doing it every time at fast zoom prompt?

Cheers.

Andy.

• Re: fast zooms
          Oliver Washington

Hi Andy,

You could create a new part template with custom views already created (With a blank file but with custom views, Save As... Select part template). However this would only really be relevant if you were using similar parts consistently.

Alternatively, you could add the New View Icon to you HUD Tool Bar. In the drop down next to options:

Click Customize.

Go to the Shortcut bars Tab,

Select Standard Views in the Toolbar: Drop Down

Drag the New View Icon onto your HUD Toolbar (See Image)

Olly

Andrew McIntyre

Thanks Olly.

Are you suggesting that viewres can't be set globally then?

Bit of a silly omission if that's the case.

A similar thing can be set in ACAD preferences.

Cheers.

Oliver Washington

Hi Andrew,

I don't believe that you can set global views, because the default views are set to be against the default planes (front, right, top). That gives you the 6 default normal to views, and then you have the standard isometric, dimetric and trimetric views which are certain angles to the default planes. incidentally, you cannot adjust the default Triad orientation either, which some users would find useful (i.e. making z normal to the top plane).

Sorry I haven't necessarily helped, but unfortunately I think the only way to achieve what you want is changing your templates, but this wont solve it for existing files.

Olly

Dan Pihlaja

As long as you always use the same part template (or, alternatively, the same assembly template) with the views already added, then that is basically saying that these view are now "global" views.

The only issue you will have is parts that were already created with an old template.

But adding the views to those should be fairly straightforward and can be automated with a macro even.  You can even assign the macro to a button or a keyboard shortcut.

Jim Wilkinson

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

Thanks Olly.

Are you suggesting that viewres can't be set globally then?

Bit of a silly omission if that's the case.

A similar thing can be set in ACAD preferences.

Cheers.

Hi Andrew,

My guess is you are asking about Draftsight but since you haven't specified, everyone is answering as if you are asking about the SOLIDWORKS product since this forum is for SOLIDWORKS.

Information about the Draftsight community is here:

DraftSight free CAD software: Community

and a direct link to the community itself is here:

https://swym.3ds.com/#community:70

If you do a search for viewres in that community, you'll get a number of search results. IF you don't find exactly what you are looking for, then ask an iQuestion in that forum.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Iain McEwen

Hi Andrew,

Is it that you're trying to set the "View Res" rather than views as others have assumed?

Andrew McIntyre

Hi Ian.

Yes, exactly, I just want the resolution to be set at say 1000  instead of the default 100, so I don't keep getting hexagonal circles etc.

Thanks for your interest.

Andy.

Iain McEwen

Hi Andy,

This setting can be saved to your drawing standard (.dws). So:

1. open a file with the standard that you want so that all your settings are specific to that

2. DisplayQuality command; no to fast zoom; set the number you want as the default; hit enter.

3. The Display Quality / View Res is now set (not 100% sure what the difference is between the 2 commands as they both seem to pull through the same number!)

4. Save the standard.

Now, whenever you open the standard or load the standard, the display quality setting will be a part of that.

Iain McEwen

you could open the older files and load in the standard? though admittedly this is longer than entering the command!

Unfortunately doesn't appear to be anything globally within the software through the settings