6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 12:55 PM by Brian Robinson

3D PDF

Chris Burt
      When I create a 3d pdf of an assembly and view the pdf some parts do not show.
      I have the lastest Adobe 9 extender and Im using 2009 sp2 64 bit.
      My system is as follows:
      Vista Ultimate 64 bit
      i7 920
      6mb ram
      2mp video ram
      1.5 terabyte disk space.

Thanks for any help

Chris
        • 3D PDF
          Adrian Velazquez
          Christopher,

We you create a 3D PDF it will only show the componets you have show on your model (won't export hidden components). i.e. if you are displaying a sectioned model on your graphics area it will export half of your model.

hope that helps!
          • 3D PDF
            Chris Burt
            Thanks for your comment Adrian.
            There is no hidden files on my model and model is not sectioned.
            It's a complete model of a enclousure with connectors, screws, etc...
            When I view the 3D PDF some components are gone.
            I contacted my Solidworks supplier and they are working on it and may be a bug....don't know

Chris
            • 3D PDF
              Chris Burt
              I will Adrian
                • 3D PDF
                  Brian Robinson
                  Hello, we have also been noticing that our 3D pdf output files are missing faces, but only on subassemblies that are duplicated in an assembly. We also noticed that all the faces show up wrinkled.

We have been creating 3D pdf files successfully in the past with SW 2008. Only after upgrading to SW 2009 do we now have an issue. We've tried many different things, such as CTRL Q, resolving lightweight components, removing Flow Simulation Add-In, removing 3Dcontrol Add-In, viewing in Adobe Readers 9 and 8...

On the 32-bit PC, the Presentation Studio was installed as an add-in and Adobe Reader 8 was upgraded to 9. Now pdf files are creating normally on this PC with all faces and smooth surfaces. The downside is that the main assembly gives this PC a hard time and crashes. For some reason the 32-bit PC spends an enormous amount of time trying to generate a pdf file of the main assembly, only to either crash or create a blank pdf file (of a small size.) We eventually succeeded in creating required pdf files of the entire aircraft assembly on the 32-bit PC after several attempts.

The 64-bit PC already had Adobe Reader 9 installed, and Presentation Studio does not come in a 64-bit version. Reinstalling Abode Reader 9 made no difference.

We had cleaned the registries on both machines before upgrading to SW 2009 SP1. The third machine is a brand new 64-bit PC and had a clean install of SW 2009 SP2. I just created a 3D pdf file on the brand new 64-bit PC with SW 2009 SP2 and it too failed to create the proper file. Adobe Reader has not yet been installed on this machine.

Our SolidWorks supplier has been working on this issue for a while with no resolution yet. I am wondering what files are utilized when pdf files are created. Something triggered the 32-bit PC to work properly.

Regards,
                  Peter Ferreira
                    • Re: 3D PDF
                      Brian Robinson

Just to follow up on this problem.  S-018480 referred to the missing faces and SPR#472575 referred to the solution which resolved the missing faces issue, but has not addressed the issue of wrinkled faces.

I was never able to create proper 3D pdf images on my PC running SW2009x64 SP4.1 with Quadro FX570 driver 6.14.11.8250, even after installing Presentation Studio Add-In.

I tested our simulation PC running SW2010x64 SP2.1 with Quadro FX570 driver 6.14.11.8246 before and after installing Presentation Studio Add-In, and it too failed to create smooth faced 3D pdf images.

I upgraded my PC with SW2010x64 SP2.1 and the ATI FirePro V7800 video card running certified driver 8.723 and then latest driver 8.773.1.1, and it too failed to create smooth faced 3D pdf images.

We just installed SW2010x64 SP2.1 on our new PC running Windows 7 Professional, and once again it failed to create smooth faced 3D pdf images.

Regards,
                      Peter Ferreira