AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrade or Downgrade??

Question asked by 1-7YLSBT on Jan 20, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 by Jason Capriotti
We currently have seven seats of SW2007 Standard, One Seat of 2007 Office, and a standalone version of Cosmos. We have been paying the Subscription services for years now. Now I hope that I am wrong about this, but in order to move to 2009 and keep all of the licensing the same, I have to pay to have our Solidworks Office seat upgraded to Professional since Office is no longer available. So am I essentially downgrading that license?

Also.... We do not currently need all seven seats at this time due to workload, so we were thinking about chancing that workload does not change this year and allowing the subscription on a couple of our seats expire, but I have been informed that if I do that, I cannot apply service packs to those seats. Is that true too? Even if I do an admin install of SW09 on all workstations, download the SPx.exe and apply it locally?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I just want to keep our VAR in check that they aren't seeing dollar signs and taking advantage of it.

Outcomes