5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 12:52 PM by Jim Wilkinson

SW 2017 SP 4.1?

John Willett

I had updated my SW Premium installation to SP 4.0 a month or more ago and not checked since, assuming that 5.0 would not be out until November or so.  Now I see that 4.0 is no longer listed in downloads but 4.1, "posted 08/21/2017," has replaced it.  From this quick reversal I have to assume that 4.0 had an important bug that is fixed in 4.1.  Anybody know what it is?

In general, is there a place where all SW releases (or at least the last few years worth) are listed along with the bugs that they supposedly fixed? -- John Willett

• Re: SW 2017 SP 4.1?
          Solid Air

I think this will help the first part of your question.

Has the Solidworks 2017 sp4 release delayed? | MySolidWorks

John Willett

Thanks Solid Air -- It does help some.  (Seems like another thread that turned into venting against SW's lousy quality control, with which I agree, of course).

Anyhow, since I don't use PDM, just the built-in linear static simulation "add-in" in SW Premium, I guess I can ignore this issue and wait for SP5.0.  (I'm not seeing any new problems with SP4.0, just all the old ones that have never been fixed.)  Agreed? -- John Willett

Jim Wilkinson

Hi John,

John Willett wrote:

I had updated my SW Premium installation to SP 4.0 a month or more ago and not checked since, assuming that 5.0 would not be out until November or so. Now I see that 4.0 is no longer listed in downloads but 4.1, "posted 08/21/2017," has replaced it. From this quick reversal I have to assume that 4.0 had an important bug that is fixed in 4.1. Anybody know what it is?

In general, is there a place where all SW releases (or at least the last few years worth) are listed along with the bugs that they supposedly fixed? -- John Willett

If you go down the page just beyond the list of downloadable service packs, it has the very information you are looking for. There is text there saying that the most significant fixes are listed right on that page (and they are if you scroll down) and there is a link to a page that gives you all the fixes. And the download page also gives details about the PDM problem in SP4.0 the fact that SP4.1 was released to address it. It also has a link to a hotfix for users that use PDM and need to patch their SP4.0 version to SP4.1, but it sounds like you don't need to do that since you don't use PDM.

Thanks,
              Jim

John Willett

Jim -- Thanks!  You are right, and I am blind.

One question:  When I got to this page this morning, I saw that your answer was already marked as correct (which it is of course).  But I had not marked it as correct (until now).  Did you? -- John Willett

Jim Wilkinson

Hi John,

John Willett wrote:

Jim -- Thanks! You are right, and I am blind.

One question: When I got to this page this morning, I saw that your answer was already marked as correct (which it is of course). But I had not marked it as correct (until now). Did you? -- John Willett

Yes, I marked it correct. I'm a moderator so I have that "power". Often, the original poster will not come back and mark a reply as correct and then, other people who come across the thread can't easily find the answer, so when I know I'm posting the correct answer, I just mark it as such.

Thanks,

Jim