AnsweredAssumed Answered

Forum filtering

Question asked by Matt Peneguy on Sep 21, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2017 by Dave Bear

I see a recurring theme on the forum and have run into this myself.  Don't get me wrong I really like the banter in these forums, and I participate in it myself.  However, sometimes I would like to be able to filter a thread to be able to find useful information.  Recently, I saw a troubling exchange in What are your most impressive tricks of solidworks, Please spread. regarding all of this "noise" in the thread making it difficult to find relevant information.

So, I'm asking the question, how could the forums be changed to make it easier to either filter or find information.  And I'll get this started by suggesting a possibility.  Could the interface for the forums be changed such that you could choose a number x+ of likes to display?  So, anything less than x would not show in a particular thread if I selected that filter.  I think in the thread above that would filter a lot of the noise.  Sure some really funny posts that got a lot of likes would be in the results, and I'm fine with that, but most of the "LMAO" posts would get filtered out.

Even better would be for someone to post a good system they have experience with that handles this type of thing better.  I don't know if slashdot's system would work for us, but it has something similar to what I have described above:

(I apologize if I missed any obscenities in the above pic, it is hard to find a topic without any on that site, but they have what I think is a very good filtering system.)

What are people's thoughts?

Outcomes