5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 6:27 PM by Jason Spansel

How can I tell the Database Server is running to send PDM Notification emails?

Robert Pickeral

So today was interesting. I discovered that notifications from PDM were not being sent to users in over 3 weeks. Upon discovering that, I restarted the Database Server and boom, all hell broke lose - sending all those stored emails. Crazy how no one told me they were not getting any notifications - when they are moving items in the vault on a hourly basis. But as the database admin, I'll assume responsibility of this issue. So no more finger pointing. I'm just trying to find a solution to discover when there is a problem with the Database server in the future.

My ideas:

1) Is there a way to create a report that identifies the number of emails sent from the Database Server? or

2) I found this article that creates a task on the server to restart the database server on a regular basis. Do you do this? What's your increment - daily, weekly?

3) I did check the server a few days ago and I saw that the Database and Archive Servers stated "Started". But that's obviously not a sign of good working order. Something else you did to help know system is running normally?

Thank you.