AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I tell the Database Server is running to send PDM Notification emails?

Question asked by Robert Pickeral on Sep 21, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 by Jason Spansel

So today was interesting. I discovered that notifications from PDM were not being sent to users in over 3 weeks. Upon discovering that, I restarted the Database Server and boom, all hell broke lose - sending all those stored emails. Crazy how no one told me they were not getting any notifications - when they are moving items in the vault on a hourly basis. But as the database admin, I'll assume responsibility of this issue. So no more finger pointing. I'm just trying to find a solution to discover when there is a problem with the Database server in the future.

My ideas:

1) Is there a way to create a report that identifies the number of emails sent from the Database Server? or

2) I found this article that creates a task on the server to restart the database server on a regular basis. Do you do this? What's your increment - daily, weekly?

3) I did check the server a few days ago and I saw that the Database and Archive Servers stated "Started". But that's obviously not a sign of good working order. Something else you did to help know system is running normally?

Thank you.

Outcomes