Ryan Foss

MESWUG - Maine SolidWorks User Group

Discussion created by Ryan Foss on Jan 19, 2009
Hello All,

My name is Ryan Foss, and I am happy to announce the new Maine SolidWorks User Group. The new group is now known as MESWUG. Please reply to this post if you are interested in this group.

First off, I would like to thank Mark MacMahon for his work on the previous group. Thanks to Mark, I was able to become involved with the group, and see what a valuable and fun resource the group could be. Mark laid the foundation in uniting the Maine SolidWorks community. In taking on the leadership of the new MESWUG, I will strive to unite our Maine SolidWorks and engineering community.

Secondly, I would like to thank Wayne Mann, Rob Rodriguez, Randy Lennox, Ed Gebo, William Dalpe, Ross Taylor, and Richard Doyle for their help and advice in getting MESWUG off the ground and running. I would also like to thank SolidVision, CAPINC, and CADD Edge for their assistance in establishing contacts in the Maine and New England region, as well as their offers to help in supporting and adding value to the MESWUG.

The Maine and surrounding region SolidWorks and engineering community is in need of this group. My goal is to unite the SolidWorks community in this area, and provide an outlet for learning, sharing, networking, and fun. There aren't too many places where you can get together with a group of people who really get excited about and enjoy using SolidWorks.

This brings me to the first meeting. The first meeting is all about getting the Maine SolidWorks community back together. I am pleased to announce the Sponsor for the first MESWUG meeting as SolidVision.

The details for the first meeting are:
MESWUG - First Meeting
Date: Wed, January 21, 2009
Address:
867 Riverside St.
Portland, ME 04103

Agenda:

6:30-7:00 - Meet and Greet (Food provided)

7:00-8:45 - Presentations (10 mins from me, and 40 mins for 2 presentations, SolidVision is one presenter)

9:30-10:00 - Bowling

The City Sports & Grill facility at Yankee Lanes was just redone, and it should be a great place to host this first meeting, where we can all meet after work, and they have a very large screen for presentations. Some of you may be thinking Bowling?!?....

I wanted to create an activity at this first meeting that provided a fun environment for everyone to participate at this first meeting. Prizes will be given away to the high scores. Plus, we all need something to do to kill the doldrums of the Maine winter. Please note, bowling is optional, and it will take place after the meeting. Please reply with your interest in it in your response so that I may get a head count.

I hope to get a lot of interest in this first meeting. This is the first announcement to go out. There will be others to follow leading up to Jan 21st. Please RSVP to this email with your company, name, contact information, let me know if you will be attending the first meeting, and if you are interested in bowling. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or inquiries. There will be plenty of more meetings to come, where will get into the nitty gritty of SolidWorks, have some great technical presentations, lots of questions and answers, and hopefully have presentations from companies in this area using the software.

I will also be looking for some help with the group. If you are interested please let me know, and we can look at having some elections the second meeting. I have obtained a website for the group, but have yet to get it up and running: www.meswug.com . I have received a few offers for places to host meetings.

Thanks to all and I look forward to seeing everyone and meeting some for the first time at the first meeting. Happy Holidays and Best Regards,

Ryan Foss
Mechanical Design Engineer / PCB Designer - DeLorme www.delorme.com
Maine SolidWorks User Group President - www.meswug.com
w: 207-846-7111 x2713
c: 207-232-7276
ryan.foss@delorme.com

Outcomes