2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 11:38 AM by Christina Seay

Transistion Action to Move Document

Alex Ruiz
      Hi All,

I am learning Enterprise PDM and this might be an easy answer for ya'll but it has me scratching my head. We want to have PDM users work in a design area of the vault for refining concepts and such but when the document is released it will be moved to an "Active" area of the vault. Document Control currently moves the file(s) over manually to the active area of the vault based on a path specified on the drawing. What i was hoping to do is somehow get the path from a custom property and automatically move the document when a certain tranistion is reached in the workflow. Is this something that is possible?
        • Transistion Action to Move Document
          Adam Meyer
          Check out Dispatch Tool in the Admin Guide. I'm just learning it so I can't give you a lot of help, but I think it will do what you want.
          • Transistion Action to Move Document
            Christina Seay
            That is definitely possible using the dispatch tool. You can copy a file from one location to another and rename it and set that dispatch action to happen on a specified workflow state.

If you need to do something more complicated, you might have to look into doing an add-in, but dispatch can handle copying a file from one location to another and renaming it... and you can workflow transition actions to set an variables on the card of the file going through the transition if you needed to do that.