1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 9:58 PM by Ryan McVay

Duplicate files in EPDM.......?

Dwayne Parrott

We implemented the EPDM server a while ago, to NOT ALLOW duplicate files. We are wanting to migrate data into the system which has several duplicate files in many folders in many locations. Are we able to remove the duplicate file names on the server without experiencing any problems...........any advice to doing this is appreciated.

Last company I was at, we had duplicate file names 'Turn OFF', when we discovered this a couple months later we were able to 'Turn it ON' without any issues other then blocking generate duplicate names from being added to the vault.

appreciate the help!

• Re: Duplicate files in EPDM.......?
          Ryan McVay

Dangerous thing to do. Unless you are finding the hexadecimal name from the SQL tables to find your files in the Archive I'd be very careful in what you do. I would recommend that you first identify if the parts are "interchangeable" find the one to keep. Look for all references that use the others. Make the changes to those assy to look at the one you want to keep. Check-in the changes. Verify that document where-used coms up empty and then delete the others "versions" and don't forget to purge after deleting to ensure the database records get cleaned up!