We are looking for a Drafter with experience in SolidWorks. If you are in Oregon and have manufacturing experience including SolidWorks we would like to hear from you! Below is the job description for this Drafter position. We do run criminal backgrounds and drug test.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Generate complete and accurate shop drawings utilizing SolidWorks.
- Create 3D models of parts & assemblies. [plastics, metal, and sheet metal components]
- Engineering documentation – create engineering release packages, and implement red lines upon tool build and installation phases.
- Master use of PDM software to maintain engineering documentation control (master use of the “vault” –currently using SolidWorks Workgroup PDM).
- As a member of a project design team, meet all timelines and milestones required to satisfy customer and company requirements.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- Have an Associate degree in a Drafting Technology program with study of SolidWorks or 2 years drafting and 3D modeling experience with SolidWorks.
- Proficient command of SolidWorks 3D modeling practices and ability to produce 2D shop prints. On the job experience or presentable school course work is required.
- Have an understanding of plastics and metal machining principles preferred. (Lends to complete shop drawings with respect to dimensioning tolerances, correct datum, finishes, and note call outs)
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude for parts fit, form, and function.
- Experience creating sheet metal models and shop drawings is desirable.
- Experience with PDM software (SolidWorks PDM Workgroup) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, time, and task/project management skills are required in our fast paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications Excel & Word. Visio experience is desirable.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Standard office environment including work at a computer terminal. Work involves extended periods of sitting, occasional walking and lifting up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a family oriented/team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and respect. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To be considered for this position please go to our website and complete the online application for the open Drafter position: Career Opportunities - MEI Wet Processing Systems and Services