7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 8:35 AM by Ken Maren

Swiss Style CAM Program?

Rick Becker

What are you guys using to program your Swiss Style machines?

We have Tsugami Swiss Style Lathes.

I didn't want to hijack this thread CAD/CAM Software recommendation (I'm amused that this thread got revived after 5 years (How does that happen?))...

• Re: Swiss Style CAM Program?
          Craig Schultz

We use Esprit for our DMGs.  I believe it's because the software is developed in house by DMG.

Good luck finding software for the Swiss lathes, that's all I can say.  A lot of companies say they can, until you give them the model numbers.

Rick Becker

Craig Schultz wrote:

We use Esprit for our DMGs. I believe it's because the software is developed in house by DMG.

Do you use Esprit or a DMG Mori software?

Or are you saying that DMG is the software developer for Esprit?

Or are you saying that Esprit wrote their Swiss Style based on the DMG platform?

Do you have Fanuc or Siemens controls?

Can you post straight out or do you need to manually tweek the post-processed file?

John Stoltzfus

Rick Becker  wrote:

I didn't want to hijack this thread CAD/CAM Software recommendation (I'm amused that this thread got revived after 5 years (How does that happen?))...

By knowing how to frame the question in the search area of the forum..

Rick Becker

John Stoltzfus wrote:

By knowing how to frame the question in the search area of the forum..

What I am amused at is Ken answers a 5 year old question about software like the question was asked last week...

When converting to STEP or Parasolid, make sure you have some kind of file management plan in place.  Nothing worse than mixing up revisions and making bad parts.  Do you have or are you going to utilize PDM?  We use SW, PDM and CAMWorks.  I ask about PDM because I have it set up so our programmers can only see Released parts.  This way when they get an order for something, they aren't programming anything they aren't supposed to.