1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2017 4:28 AM by Deepak Gupta

Create parts from a model

Pau Medina

Good morning everyone,

I hope I can explain my doubt clearly. My question is: I have drawn a set of stairs and a handrail on one piece. How can I convert the handrail in a separate piece to create the draws just for the handrail not for the handrail and the set of stairs all together.

Also related with this question, how can I create different pieces in a single draw, EXAMPLE: I have drawn the stairs, and I want to draw the handrail without having connection with the stairs and creating a separate piece.

Thank you very much! have a good day.

• Re: Create parts from a model
          Deepak Gupta

Pau Medina wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I hope I can explain my doubt clearly. My question is: I have drawn a set of stairs and a handrail on one piece. How can I convert the handrail in a separate piece to create the draws just for the handrail not for the handrail and the set of stairs all together.

You do not need to separate them but can draw the drawings for the required bodies like explained here:

Detailing a Multibody Part -1

Detailing Multibody Part – 2

Also related with this question, how can I create different pieces in a single draw, EXAMPLE: I have drawn the stairs, and I want to draw the handrail without having connection with the stairs and creating a separate piece.

Thank you very much! have a good day.

You can use configurations to accomplish that. And use delete bodies to keep/delete the bodies per configurations.