Even though Bend Allowance Table is in my system, SWX is not detecting it. How to fix this issue?
Is your bend table setting in the system options set to the correct location?
Are you using SW to create the table or Excel and then trying to point to it?
This is my Bend Table Template in the System Option.
I am only using imbedded Bend Table in SWX.
How to make SWX to detect it.
Check that you have the Sheet Metal Bend Tables folders set not just the templates.
It is there.
I don't know why that isn't working. Here some thoughts though, we have all of our deduction tables on the company network so that we all use the same tables, but aside from that we've found it a good idea to save the deduction tables outside the SolidWorks directory so that when you upgrade to the new version you don't lose the data in your tables. I have never had a problem with the tables being outside the main directory, possibly use a different location?
My one is a year old new computer from Dell came with the MS Office 2016 demo program. I uninstalled that program and installed my Office 2013.
I come to know from Bjorn Hulman and W10 forum as long as MS Office is concerned uninstalling does not guarantee full cleanup of the hard disk (HD) from MS office, there will be a remnant part of it. Which can have a conflict with next MS office that is installed.
Full cleanup is possible by reformatting the HD and getting rid of W10 which has imbedded MS Office 2016 demo program. I have sent my computer to get reformat.
I assume this is the reason for all this problem.
I don't know if this helps or not but we experienced issues with Excel when trying to open or edit our old bend table files. These had been saved into the correct Excel version formats over the years but have ended up just not working with SolidWorks for whatever reason. I went and spent probably 20-30 minutes converting each one to a text file that can be read into SolidWorks. You may have to look up what the format needs to look like but the process is essentially pasting it into Notepad (or Notepad++ in the screen shown here) and format the data with tabs to separate the required data. Save as a .txt file and change the extension to .btl and you should be good.
Retrieving data ...