2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 2:03 PM by Matt Peneguy

Logitech G602 mouse presets

DJ Saunders

I just bought a Logitech G602 wireless mouse and I am wanting to get a good use of the preset buttons on it. What layout of functions do any of you use on your G602

• Re: Logitech G602 mouse presets
          Paul Risley

I use the MX master 2s and it is similar to the G602. Buttons and mouse gesture combinations to include keyboard shortcut combinations. I use them in conjunction with my keyboard settings in Solidworks.

I actually have it set up with button control mouse up=shift + c to the right=control + q then down is =save. So in the model enviroment I push my mid button and make an upward then clockwise rotation. To minimize my tree, rebuild and save my documents.

With having the mid button + down as save it works across the board on all documents.

Before I did this I never realized how much mouse travel I had in open documents just to save them.

I use this in conjunction with the mouse gestures assigned in Solidworks already which makes modelling pretty slick. I just moved up from 4 mouse gestures to 8 in Solidworks. Takes a little getting used to, but once you do it is pretty fricking slick.

• Re: Logitech G602 mouse presets
            Matt Peneguy

I've got the G600 and here are my side button mappings:

G11G14G17G20
            Ctrl+DCtrl+BCtrl+Shift+MCtrl+Shift+P
            DimensionRebuildCenter RectangleCircle
            G10G13G16G19
            EscCtrl+VCtrl+Shift+RCtrl+Shift+L
            EscPasteCorner RectangleCenterline
            G9G12G15G18
            Ctrl+MCtrl+CLCtrl+8
            MeasureCopyLineNormal To

It's not optimal, but I use the dimension, measure and normal to buttons all the time.