4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 2:12 PM by Jeff Sweeney

Bump revision?

Gordon Rigg

So most of my legacy data is all synchronised, but I have a few files that increments quite a  few revisions in the old system while I was setting up PDMstandard.

Is there a way to bump several revisions for a file in PDM standard?

Without:

A) setting up a special transition that just changes the file to the desired revision (has to be edited for each file)

B) cycling the file through a loop of transitions just to increment to the desired revision.

The file is in the vault already and its references are all there, this seems to prevent me using the "set revision" command to drag the old style revision into the PDM system.

IS there a way to just scroll or type the revision in a way that PDM standard accepts it? - for an admin, temporarily?

• Re: Bump revision?
          Jeremy Feist

the set revision command is what you are looking for, though I am not sure of its capability in PDM standard (we are on PRO). there are several permissions required to allow it to run.

• Re: Bump revision?
              Gordon Rigg

That is what i used when I brought my data in initially. Now it doesnt seem to be available, when another copy of the file was already in the vault.

I will have a look back at my notes - but I seem to recall it when I brought my legacy data in initially, it was a "one chance" thing this running "set revision".

what I'm saying is, when I brought my legacy data in I found having missed that set revision stage, I had to just delete eveything and go back to do the swet revision at the correct stage in the process - because once the files were in there was no way to access that old revision or manually edit the PDM standard revision.

... plus of course it works only for a single part (numerical or letter) revision, it doesnt support my A-nn, B-nn revisions generated by default in WGPDM. (Very much half a job there from Solidworks! ....and subject to an enhancement request that I'm sure will never be addressed)