2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 7:12 AM by Hardik Patel

Derived part, duplicated sketches issue

Leonardo Monroy

I hope someone can help me with this issue:

I have a master part with certain unabsorbed sketches to be use in derived parts. As an example "Sketch_BOQUILLA TRES FRENTE". When the master part is inserted in the derived part, some of the sketches from the master part are duplicated, that is, are created copies of "Sketch_BOQUILLA TRES FRENTE", and the copies are not linked to the original one.

• Re: Derived part, duplicated sketches issue
          John Stoltzfus

I haven't had any luck with Derived Parts in the past so I don't use them.  I found that when making changes to the master part the derived parts don't update unless you open them and edit them, is what I remember, it's been a long time since I tried it.  You will have much better update performance using a Master Part or a Skeleton Sketch Part in an assembly and building everything from those parts...

• Re: Derived part, duplicated sketches issue
            Hardik Patel

Hello,

I didn't face this sort of issue, bcz I never used this as a solution. Anyways, try making sketch fully defined. Then, once you insert your master part into derived part check the symbol of "convert entities". This will make sure all your relations with different entities are linked to the original one.

And If possible try uploading these 2 files here. I will figure out something for you.

Hardik