AnsweredAssumed Answered

Swimming in permissions...

Question asked by Jerry Mosier on Sep 8, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 by Craig Schultz

We are setting up our fancy new PDM Standard vault.  We did the migration from workgroup, built new cards, assigned groups, and permissions.  BUT...

We only have 4 engineers using SolidWorks.  I have set us up with two profiles each, a regular "Engineer" and an "Admin".  The Admins have all permissions, the regular engineers have most permissions (there are a few things we wanted to make an extra step to give us time to think about it).

Here's the problem though...Our users can't seem to see all the assemblies in the PDM window.  The files that I checked in under my Engineer profile (Not admin) gave are visible (even the assemblies) to the other users.  The assembly files that one of the other users checked in (using his admin profile) are not visible to us.  If I sign in as and admin, I can see all the files, and check them out.  The part files, while visible are grayed out, and when I right click on them I can't check them out unless I'm signed in as the admin.

Here are the engineering group's permissions:

and here are the state permission properties:

So, what gives?  I know I am missing a permission check box or something, I just know it.  I just don't know what box it is.  Is there a document explaining what each of the permissions mean?

One more hint...I CAN see and check out all the files from our old vault.  maybe it was something that was done when the files were checked in?  Sorry this is so long, I hope you aren't trying to read this on a phone.

Outcomes