6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2009 7:01 PM by 1-YJ1IM

Sub-states?

Adam Meyer
      Is it possible to have sub-states?

For example, at my company our designs go through three major states (pre-production, production development, and production). Within each major state, would be minor states such as work in progress, under review, and approved.

Thanks,

Adam
        • Sub-states?
          Jeff Sweeney
          No, states are states.
          • Sub-states?
            You really do not need sub-states. You can create three workflows; pre-production, production development, and production. :Link them together so that when it finishes pre-production you can move it into production developement workflow and then from there to production.
            • Sub-states?
              Adam Meyer
              The reason I'm asking is because I think it would be nice to be able to search for all documents that are in a certain state, within another state (i.e. all approved production drawings).

I just realized that the name of the workflow is displayed in the preview and version tabs. This might do what I want. Is there a way to search only within a given workflow or show the workflow name in the column view?

Thanks,

Adam
                • Sub-states?
                  Yes you can. You can add a combobox to the search form. Set it's Items to "Workflow list" and Variable mame to "Workflow - Workflow Name".

I just tested and the list of states is not for only states in selected workflow.