2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 4:01 AM by Lukasz Stanislawski

Drawing configuration

Lukasz Stanislawski

Hi,

I have assembly which contains few configurations (cabinet with different drawers and door setups). I would like to create a drawing for each individual configuration and

add annotations, dimensions etc. to each configuration.

Example:

I open config 1 model. I open drawing which shows our cabinet with config1 setup of drawers and doors.

I open config 2 model and I can open drawing with config2 without messing dimensions and annotations.

I hope it's clear. In other words I have few configurations and I'd like to have drawing for each config. Because now whenever I open config1 - drawing might have config2 reference and when I change it manually to config1 all dimensions and annotations from config2 are still there.

Possible or not?

• Re: Drawing configuration
          Glenn Schroeder

Lukasz Stanislawski wrote:

Hi,

I have assembly which contains few configurations (cabinet with different drawers and door setups). I would like to create a drawing for each individual configuration and

add annotations, dimensions etc. to each configuration.

Example:

I open config 1 model. I open drawing which shows our cabinet with config1 setup of drawers and doors.

I open config 2 model and I can open drawing with config2 without messing dimensions and annotations.

I hope it's clear. In other words I have few configurations and I'd like to have drawing for each config. Because now whenever I open config1 - drawing might have config2 reference and when I change it manually to config1 all dimensions and annotations from config2 are still there.

Possible or not?

Not with the workflow you're describing.  You'll need to have a separate drawing (or at least separate drawing views or sheets in the same drawing) for each configuration, one representing each configuration.  Add dimensions and notes to each as appropriate.