3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2017 10:56 AM by J. Mather

Education Edition Installation Issue

Daniel Scott

I'm trying to install Solidworks Education Edition available through my program and am having trouble getting it to install properly on my Win7 HP.  I have tried running the installation manager back and forth but receive two errors.  Initially I received a license error preventing the software from launching.  On each subsequent attempt I receive an error when launching installation manager that there is a pending reboot from a previous installation, and a system reboot has not solved this issue.  Instructions from the university source say they won't help so here I am hoping to get it to work.

• Re: Education Edition Installation Issue
          Iain McEwen

Hi Daniel,

Don't worry too much about the pending reboot, this shouldn't cause any fatal errors. If you could post the error message then we might be able to diagnose.

• Re: Education Edition Installation Issue
            J. Mather

Daniel Scott wrote:

... Instructions from the university source say they won't help so here I am hoping to get it to work.

Does your school have a Student IT Help Desk that can help you install software?

Can you ask your instructor for help?

Other students?

What are your system specs?

I work in a school setting.

Rather than use the web installer - I prefer to download the Install Files.  Once and done!

Share Tip.jpg

SWx Share.jpg

Download Options.jpg

Note:  Images are from last year, but it is the same for 2017-2018 version.

I have created a step-by-step installation document for my students, perhaps your instructor can do the same.