4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 11:22 AM by Maha Nadarasa

Logo Sign

Maha Nadarasa

In a folder some times SWX logo sign appears with file and sometime it is not. Is there any way to decide it?

1.png

• Re: Logo Sign
          Dan Pihlaja

In my opinion, this is the single most insane thing about Solidworks.

Solidworks and Windows are so double minded about file previews.

There has been a LOT of discussion about file previews and icon previews and all sorts of things regarding that.

I have had issues with it and there was a LOT of information about changing registries and other things.  I tried it all and it would start working correctly for about a day....then revert back to no preview or no part icon.  Now, in the same exact folder, I will see some icons that look like this:   and some that preview my part.

I finally gave it up.

So to answer your question.....I have no idea.  LOL I tried to dig into it and it seems that Solidworks and Windows change their mind about this on a day to day basis.

Maha Nadarasa

1.png

I have this type of problem but I open and close then it will disappear but again if you have a large number of SWX files this method is cumbersome.

Problem is if SWX file does not have SWX logo, it is difficult to distinguish it from screen shot file, if physical size are almost same for both files.

I usually do this to separate: 

1.png

Gary Knotts

Go to Options - General and make sure "Show thumbnail graphics in Windows Explorer" is unchecked and you will see SolidWorks icons in your folders instead of thumbnails.

Solidworks Options.JPG