AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with the Solidworks Electrial 3D cable routing option

Question asked by El Ghali Asri on Aug 30, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 by El Ghali Asri

Hi , despite I am new user of the Solidworks Forum here, I have been using Solidworks for about 2 years now, I have faced lots of problems but this one is completly turning me upside down. 

Ok I find issues with the Solidworks Add-in Solidworks Electrical 3D, I want to modelize a drone (a quadcopter), with its frame, its motors, and all its different wires, and here come the problems. I have followed some tutorials on Youtube and Google in general just to touch a little bit with the Solidworks electrical interfaces and all..., and I have found a lot of "step by step" videos, showing how to actually create a SE schematic and linking it with the 3D assemblies ... But I find an issue when I want to route my cables. They simply don't route when I click the "route cables" option.

I explain more, I had created a project with a Schematic folio. The schematic contains two connectors with 3 circuit each and a 3D part with all its connections points. The problem is that when I link the 3 circuits of both connectors with simple wires the "route wire" option in Electrical 3D works perfectly (not perfectly I still have problems with routing paths and cable radius errors... but it still produces three smouth wires).

But once I integrate all those circuits in a single cable (a cable with 3 circuits) in the 2D schematic, the routing functions all fails to produce a route in the 3D electrical.

Thanks for helping me, this was my first question asked here in this forum, I hope I'll get an answer.

Outcomes