6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 6:12 PM by Todd Bennett

Setting sheet 2 location per person

Todd Bennett

FYI, I also posted this in the PDM discussion.

How do I set the file location for the second sheet to be different on each person's computer?

Some people use C:PDM and others use D:PDM.  The location for the second sheet is set in the file properties of the drwdot.

Thanks,

Todd

• Re: Setting sheet 2 location per person
          Glenn Schroeder

Hello Todd,

I don't know anything about PDM, so maybe I shouldn't even be responding, but do you mean you want the second sheet to use a different sheet format?  And is this second sheet already active in the drawing template, or do you mean when a second sheet is added?  Again, I know nothing about PDM, so if these are therefore stupid questions I'll apologize in advance.

Glenn

Todd Bennett

It doesn't really matter if it is PDM or not; although, that is when this is most likely to be a problem.  The idea is that some people use one file location for sheet formats and others use another.

The sheet 2 format (slddrt) location needs to change depending on each person's template location.  It is specified in the drawing template (drwdot).  I guess I could make a copy of the template for those mapped to the D: drive, but that becomes a maintenance issue.

Glenn Schroeder

I don't think you answered my question about if this second sheet is already active in the template.  If it is, then I'm pretty sure you'll need separate templates.

If it isn't, and you want them to use different formats when adding sheets you need to customize everyone's settings at Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations > Sheet Formats and point them to the location you want them to use.  Also make sure they have the option shown below selected so they'll be forced to select a sheet format when adding sheets instead of the active sheet format being used without user input.

Todd Bennett

Sorry Glenn.  You have understood the question.  Yes, the second sheet is active in the template.  However, since it is active in the template, selecting the "Show sheet format..." toggle doesn't need to be checked.  When it cannot find the file path, it automatically pops up dialog box for the template - albeit limited to the file location.

Thanks

Jeremy Feist

move everyone's vault view to the same location. not doing so leads to too many headaches.